IOW Domestic Abuse Forum Conference 2020
Event Type: Conference
Thursday 9 January 2020
Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2QR
Some-one disclosing domestic abuse in a small island community can add even more pressure to an already difficult situation. Close knit communities like the Isle of Wight can provide levels of support that cities often cannot and are therefore both a challenge and an opportunity.
This conference will explore these opportunities and look at some of the key issues surrounding Domestic Violence and Abuse, both locally and nationally.
The main learning objectives for the conference are:
- To consider the impact of domestic abuse on a national and local level.
- To review the domestic abuse services available on the Isle of Wight and what else we need to do
- To explore strengthening frontline responses through increased training
- To raise awareness of key issues such as elder abuse, child to parent violence and peer on peer sexual violence.
- To gain an understanding of domestic homicide and the timeline a perpetrator follows and how we can intervene at each stage.
- To listen to children’s views on domestic abuse and the impact it has on the wider family.
Presented by: –
Community Safety Partnership, Domestic abuse forum partners, Hampshire Constabulary,Key speakers include Dr Jane Monkton-Smith – discussing the 8 stages in homicide timeline. Dr Hannah Bows will look at her studies into elder abuse and Helen Bonnick will explore adolescent to parent violence.
How to Book: –
Book your ticket on the Eventbrite website – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missed-opportunities-tickets-76761011251
*We ask that attendees arrive at 8.45am, with the conference starting promptly at 9 am. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including a buffet lunch. If you have any specific allergy or dietary requirements, please ensure you fill in the appropriate field when booking your ticket.
Course Attendance Fees:
The Community Safety Partnership provides fully-funded training to their partner agencies. There will be a register listing those who have booked tickets. It is the responsibility of attendees to sign the register as a record of attendance.
If an individual cannot attend a course and a suitable candidate cannot attend in their place, please cancel the ticket via Eventbrite. To do this log into Eventbrite (you will have created an account to obtain a ticket), click on Your Tickets, then the appropriate ticket, and then Cancel Order. Should you experience any difficulties please contact us on 01983 823150 or email: email@example.com
If an individual fails to cancel their ticket or cancels within 48 hours of a course, agencies will be charged a non-attendance fee of £120 (per whole training day).
No charge will be made if a suitable delegate is sent instead.
THERE IS VERY LIMITED PARKING ON SITE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO BOOK SPACES WITH THE VENUE. HOWEVER, THERE IS PAID PARKING AVAILABLE IN NEWPORT HARBOUR, OR THERE IS PAID PARKING AVAILABLE AT LITTLE LONDON OR COPPINS BRIDGE WHICH IS A SHORT WALK FROM THE VENUE.
Who should attend:
- Adult Services
- Children’s Services, Trusts and Children’s Centres
- Community Cohesion and Development Organisations
- Community Safety Teams
- Community Support Officers
- Counselling Services
- Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships
- Criminal Justice Practitioners
- Domestic Violence Co-ordinators
- Drug and Alochol Action Teams
- Equality and Diversity Practitioners
- Faith Organisations
- Families Services Officers
- Health Service Professionals
- Housing Associations and Officers
- Housing Officers
- Judges and Magistrates
- Legal Professionals
- Local Authority Officers and Councillors
- Local Criminal Justice Board
- Local Education Welfare Authorities
- Local Employers
- Local Safeuarding Children Boards
- Men’s Health/Welfare Organisations
- Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- Police Authorities and Fire Services
- Probation Officers
- Rape and Sexual Assualt Support Centres and Speciaists
- Social Workers and Social Services Officers
- Teachers and Head Teachers
- Third Sector Practitioners
- Victim Support Representatives
- Youth Offending Teams