SAB Conference 2016 – MCA/DoLS
Event Type: Conference
Date: 15 March 2016
Isle of Wight Safeguarding Adults Board and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
Safeguarding Adults Conference – March 15 2016 at Cowes Yacht Haven, Isle of Wight
We are delighted to announce that the Isle of Wight Safeguarding Adults Board / Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safeguarding Adults Conference 2016 was a great success. The programme for the day can be accessed by clicking here (PDF, 136KB, 1 page).
Below are the presentations from the conference. To view a presentation, please click on the title:
- HL, Bournewood, DoLS − Are things any better OR Have we lost the plot? (PDF, 981KB, 9 pages)
- SIM Mentoring (PDF, 549KB, 24 pages)
- MCA/DoLS – Isle of Wight Perspective (PDF, 305KB, 30 pages)
- MCA/DoLS – CQC Perspective (PDF, 573KB, 23 pages)
The following document from the ‘Learning Lessons: Mr W’ workshop is available here:
- IWSAB Response to Mr W (PDF, 197KB, 2 pages)
‘The Tale of Laughing Boy’ was shown by Dr Sara Ryan during her powerful presentation. This is a short film of Connor’s life incorporating the views of his family and the views of young people about his death and their recommendations for positive change.
To read a little more about our guest speakers, their biographies can be accessed by clicking here (PDF, 152KB, 2 pages).